- Daydreaming is part of the job.
It is wonderful to let my head go where it wants. To think I used to get in trouble for that!
- Spending time in museums and art galleries as research.
I love, love, love going to look. I always come home with a new perspective and inspiration to work on a new piece.
3. Once in a while, I get to tell a story with my art.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a painting has to at least be worth double that.
- Working at the beach is a great perk.
The smell of suntan lotion, the smell of the gulf, people watching. .. What’s not to love?
- Spending time in art supply stores browsing new goodies.
Any art supply store is my happy place
- Getting my fingers in the paint.
I love the feel of paint on my fingers. I know I’m a little odd but …
- It is such a thrill knowing that people like my art enough to decorate their homes with it.
I have art in New York, Chicago, The Motor City… hey isn’t that the lyrics to Dancin’ in the Street?
- Painting to music is a blast
The type of music I play seems to set the mood for the painting. If I want an energetic painting I listen to Belly Dance Radio. If I want a relaxing piece I listen to Spanish Guitar. Metal, when I’m in a bad mood, can inspire some darker paintings. ..
- Going to other artists opening receptions
Being around so much creative energy is thrilling. Artists should support and encourage one another.
- Bringing Joy to Others.
There is just something about the light in a person’s eye when they find that painting that was somehow created just for them.
#WorkingArtist #WhyILoveMyJob #ILoveMyJob #List